Friday, January 13, 2012

Clarins 230 vs. BeYu 209

Hi everybody,

Today I'd like to show you a comparison between Clarins 230 - aka Unicorn Pee - and BeYu 209 (the proper version - INCI31). BeYu is definitely NOT a dupe of Clarins 230, let's just say they're very close relatives!

I've had Clarins for a few months but I totally forgot to show it to you back then. But anyway, better late than never! :-)

First I'd like to show you what both polishes look like in their bottles. These pictures were taken under direct sunlight to show you their effects at best.

Clarins 230

BeYu 209

Clarins 230

BeYu 209

The pictures pretty much speak for themselves. In the bottle, BeYu has just as strong green effect as Clarins 230. Now let me show you what they look like on the nails:

Index and ring finger: Clarins 230 - Middle and pinky: BeYU 209

As you can see in the 2 pictures above, Clarins 230 has a slightly more scattered red effect than BeYu 209, but still pretty close to one another. I wore this manicure for 4 days and, to be honest, no one actually noticed I had 2 different polishes on my nails. The difference, however, is much more prominent when it comes to changing the light's angle of incidence. Then it becomes more apparent that BeYu 209 is definitely not a dupe for Clarins 230. Clarins 230 reflects a much stronger green effect than BeYu 209. 

Index and ring finger: Clarins 230 - Middle and pinky: BeYU 209

Index and ring finger: Clarins 230 - Middle and pinky: BeYU 209

Despite the fact that BeYu 209 is not a dupe for Clarins 230, it is still a great addition to one's collection! I definitely love it! 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...